Keshi deserved Nigeria return - Odemwingie

Keshi deserved new contract, says Odemwingie

The Super Eagles striker insists the Big Boss deserved his reappointment just as he wants to set the stage on fire during his return from injury
Nigeria striker Osaze Odemwingie has described the re-appointment of Stephen Keshi for a second stint as the head coach of the Super Eagles as deserved.
Odemwingie, who returned to training after fully recovering from an eight-month long lay-off due to a knee ligament damage copped in Stoke's 1-0 win over Machester City in August 2014.
The 30-year-old striker, who had severally been in war of words with the gaffer, appluaded the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation for considering the 53-year-old for a second chance and believes the 'Big Boss' will make huge success with the country at the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.
“It’s a welcome development to hear that Keshi is back to the saddle. He is a good coach and I have a lot of respect for him," Odemwingie was quoted by Daily NewsWatch .
"I have a great feeling that he can do it again for the country. All he needs to succeed is the prayer and support of every Nigerian. He deserves a second chance,” 
Meanwhile, the Stoke City forward has set his sights at making an instant hit in the English Premier League upon his return to training from injury as the former Lille attacker aims for a first team start with Mark Hughes' side.
“It’s been a long time out and I can’t wait to be back in the thick of the action. I have played some couple of practice games and they said I did well. It makes me feel like a better player and more confident," he continued. 
"I am really glad that I am back to full training and I think I am better than ever. I thank the medical team, my teammates and especially the fans for their support and patience.
“By God’s grace, I may be available for selection in the remaining few games and in football you never can tell. It’s being a long wait and hopefully it won’t be in vain. My priority is to do well, make everybody happy and hopefully look forward to getting a better new deal. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and see how it goes," he concluded.

Comments